Fort Collins Toastmasters is the oldest club in Colorado, founded
in 1946. We are an open club and welcome all who want to improve their
communication and leadership skills. We are a casual club but still follow
the Toastmasters meeting format.
Tuesdays at 6:30 PM. Arrive at 6:15 PM for setup. The meeting starts promptly at 6:30 PM and ends at 7:45 PM.
Fort Collins Toastmasters
- Poudre Valley Hospital, 1024 South Lemay Avenue, 80524
- Lower Level,
in the Mortenson Room.
Go down the main elevetors, then follow the signs.
If you get lost, ask.
- Organized via this spreadsheet,
private email list, and speaking directly with the VP of education.
Meeting Role descriptions
- $48 per six months, and is pro-rated as needed.
- Dues are due at the end of September and end of March.
- $6 of that goes to the club.
- The remainder goes to Toastmasters International to
cover the monthly magazine, help fund conferences and
similar administrivia and to promote interests in common.
- Toastmasters International also imposes a one-time fee
for new members. This covers the cost of manuals and other
materials associated with new members.
- Ah counter - informs all meeting participants of any overused words or filler sounds.
- Evaluator - provides specific feedback to a prepared speech - covering successes and opportunities for growth.
- General Evaluator - assesses the overall meeting to help everyone improve.
- Grammarian - highlights any interesting or incorrect uses of grammar and vocabulary.
- Timer - monitors time usage in each segment to prevent the whole meeting from running late.
- Toastmaster - serves as the meeting's host, introducing most of the other roles.
- Topicsmaster - conducts the impromptu speaking portion of the meeting.
- Quizmaster - notes a few compelling tidbits from the meeting and runs a quick quiz to check that everyone was paying attention.
Source code for this website is available on github